High Court of Gujarat Published vacancy for Deputy Section Officer (DSO) See the More details given Below in the Post. Stay Here for more updates to get the latest information.
- Starting date of online application is 01-09-2017
- The Last date of online application is 30-09-2017
- The date of Elimination Test is 03-12-2017
- Main Written exam date is February / March 2018
Name of the Post
- Deputy Section Officer
Adv. No. RC/B/1304/2017
- Graduate from recognized University.
- 10th or 12th Standard Examination Passed with English as one of the Subject.
No. of Post (Category wise)
|Scheduled Caste (SC) *||
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||
|Socially & Educationally Backward Class (SEBC)||
|Physically Disabled Persons (PH) / (Differently Abled Persons)**||
- 18 to 35 Years
- General Category 500/- Rs
- SC /ST/OBC/PH 250/- Rs
- ₨ 39,900/- to ₨ 1,26,600/- (Pre-revised Pay Scale of ₨9300-₨34800/- with Grade Pay of ₨4400/-)
Scheme of Examination
The Competitive Examination shall consist of :
- Elimination Test (Objective Type- MCQs) [100 Marks]
- Main Written Examination [100 Marks]
(A) Elimination Test (Objective Type-MCQs) [100 Marks]
(i) Question Paper of Elimination Test shall consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each of 1 Mark. For every wrong / multiple answers, there shall be Negative Marking of 0.33 Marks. The language of the Question Paper shall be English only. However, 25 Questions will be in Gujarati for the Section on the Gujarati Language. Duration of the Elimination Test shall be 02 (Two) Hours.
Syllabus of Elimination Test:
- Indian History and Geography
- Current Affairs
- Arithmetic / Mathematics
- Analytical Reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Computer Knowledge
- English Language
- Gujarati Language
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Categories, i.e. ST, SEBC & Differently Abled Person (PH), shall have to secure minimum 45 Marks and all the other Candidates shall have to secure minimum 50 Marks in the Elimination Test and only those qualifying, shall be called for Main Written Examination.
- The Elimination Test will be conducted either at Ahmedabad or at any District place/places as may be decided by the High Court, depending upon the number of Candidates applying.
- In case, a large number of Candidates qualifying in the Elimination Test, it will be open for the High Court to restrict the number of Candidates as deemed necessary, according to Merit, for the Next Stage i.e. Main Written Examination.
- Marks obtained in the Elimination Test (Objective Type) will not be considered for determining the merits, for preparing the Final Merit List.
- The Objective (MCQ) Elimination Test shall be administered through an OMR Sheet and shall be evaluated by OMR Sheet Scanning Machine and therefore, evaluation, rechecking/ reassessment of OMR Sheets, will not be entertained by the High Court.
(B) Main Written Examination [100 Marks] : (to be conducted tentatively in the month of February/March 2018) (Duration: 03 Hours)
(i) The Main Written Examination will comprise of Two Parts, viz. :
- Part A – General English [50 Marks]
- Part B – General Knowledge [50 Marks]
The language of Question Papers of Main Written Examination shall be English. The answer to Questions in the Main Written Examination shall be given in Ethe EnglishLanguage. However, Answers with respect to ‘Translation’ or otherwise required to be given in Gujarati, shall invariably be answered in Gujarati
The Main Written Examination will be conducted either at Ahmedabad, or at any District place/places as may be decided by the High Court depending upon the number of Candidates, for which the Candidates will have to make their own arrangements, for taking the Examination.
Advertisement Click Here
Apply Online Click Here