The selection process may comprise of Online Examination / Group Discussion (if conducted) and/or Personal Interview. The Bank reserves the absolute right to decide as to whether to use all or any of these modes for selection for the notified posts.
(a) Online Examination / Test:
The structure of the Online Written Examination, if conducted, will be online and will consist of the following tests:
|SN||Name of the Tests||No. of Questions and Maximum Marks|
|1.||Reasoning||50 multiple choice questions carrying a total of 25 marks|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50 multiple choice questions carrying a total of 50 marks.|
|3.||Professional knowledge relevant to the post.||50 multiple choice questions carrying a total of 100 marks.|
|4.||English Language||50 multiple choice questions carrying a total of 25 marks|
|Total Duration of Examination will be of 120 minutes||Total 200 multiple choice questions carrying a total of 200 Marks.|
The above tests except for the test of English language will be available bilingually i.e. English and Hindi.
The Bank also reserves the right to alter the structure of the online examination.
NOTE: The Bank will be analyzing the responses (answers) of individual candidates with other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted by the Bank in this regard, it is inferred / concluded that the responses have been shared and the scores obtained are not genuine/valid the Bank reserves right to cancel the candidature of concerned candidates.
Penalty for wrong Answers:
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the online examination. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the applicant, one fourth or 25% of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at final score. If the total of the penalty for a test is in fraction, the marks obtained will be rounded off to the nearest integer. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the applicant; there will be no penal mark for that question.
(b) Personal Interview
A Personal Interview of 50 marks shall be conducted to assess the academic & job knowledge, power of expression, clarity of thought, qualities of leadership, extracurricular activities, hobbies, general demeanor, behavior, communication skills, suitability for the post, etc. of the applicant. The minimum qualifying marks for the Personal Interview would be 25 marks (22.5 marks for Reserved Category applicants). The applicants not securing the minimum qualifying marks in the Personal Interview will be disqualified for selection.
(c) Important Notes:
- The applicants will be called for the Online Examination / Group Discussion
(if conducted), on the basis of the information provided by them in their On-line Applications without verification of their age or qualification or category or any other eligibility criteria. The applicants must, therefore, ensure that they fulfil the notified eligibility criteria as on the cut-off date prescribed in this notification, have possession of the requisite documents / certificates specified by the Bank, and that the particulars furnished in their On-Line Application are complete, true and correct in all respects. Merely appearing in the Online Examination / Group Discussion (if conducted)and / or passing the Online Examination / Group Discussion (if conducted) and / or being called by the Bank for the Personal Interview shall not imply that the Bank is satisfied about the eligibility of the applicant.
- The applicant shall be required to qualify in each Test of the Online Examination / Group Discussion (if conducted) as per cut-off marks, subject to minimum qualifying marks in the aggregate of 200 marks, both of which will be fixed by the Bank.
- Generally, depending on the number of vacancies, only those applicants who have secured the minimum category-wise and test-wise cut-off marks to be decided for Online Examination / Group Discussion and rank sufficiently high in the order of merit based on the total marks scored in the Online Examination / Group Discussion shall be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3 for General / Unreserved applicants and 1:5 in case of applicants belonging to the Reserved Categories. In other words generally, for every single post in General and Reserved category, 3 General and 5 Reserved Category applicants respectively would be called for the Personal Interview depending upon their ranking as per the marks obtained by them. However, the Bank reserves its right to call for the Personal Interview applicants otherwise than in the above ratio at its sole discretion.
- The applicants may also be called directly for Personal Interview without holding of Online Examination / Group Discussion. The Bank reserves its right to call any number of applicants for the Personal Interview at its sole discretion.
- After the selection process, the applicants, who secure more than the prescribed minimum qualifying marks in the used selection processes, will be ranked in a descending order on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained in the Online Examination / Group Discussion and / or Personal Interview under the respective SC / ST / OBC / GEN Categories.
- Subject to the vacancies available under the respective Category, only those candidates, who pass the Online Examination / Group Discussion, if conducted, as well as, the Personal Interview will be short-listed for selection in the order of the Merit / Rank obtained by them under the respective Category.
The Online Examination, if conducted, may be tentatively held on 25.11.2017 at the following centers:
(a) Bengaluru (b) Delhi (c) Kolkata (d) Lucknow (e) Mumbai.
However, the Bank reserves its right to decide the examination centers and dates at its sole discretion. The full address of the Venue and the Date will be advised in the Examination / Group Discussion Call Letters, which will be issued in case the Bank decides to hold the Online Examination / Group Discussion. In case the Online Examination / Group Discussion is held, the call letters can be downloaded from the Bank’s website ‘www.unionbankofindia.co.in’ under “Careers” link.
Note: Request for change in allotted examination centre will not be entertained. The Bank reserves the right to allot the candidate any Center, to prepone / postpone / reschedule the Online Examination / Group Discussion Dates and / or to add to or delete or modify / change the Examination / Group Discussion Centre and the Venues and / or to cancel the Online Examination / Group Discussion without assigning any reason.
The venue & date of Personal Interview will be decided and informed in due course to the applicants shortlisted for the same.
CAREER PATH IN THE BANK:
Candidates selected in the above recruitment process will be recruited as Credit Officers in Specialized Segment in the Bank. Their Career Path as Specialist Officers in the subject category will be restricted upto Senior Management Grade Scale IV after which they will be allowed to participate in promotion in the Bank to higher Grade / Scale along with other General Banking Officers in that Scale, if they are otherwise eligible and fulfill the prescribed norms as per the Bank’s Promotion Policy.