Konkan Railway Corporation Limited Published Requirements 2017 for the Various Posts. Given Below in the Post Details.Applications are invited from eligible land loser candidates (Self / Sons / Spouse /Unmarried daughters / Grand sons / Unmarried Grand daughters only) whose land has been acquired for Konkan Railway project, irrespective of the percentage of land lost and from other than land losers, candidates belonging to all categories (UR/OBC/SC/ST) from the states Maharashtra, Goa , nd Karnataka only.
Application form Details Click Here
Mode of Selection
Based on the applications received, eligible candidates will be called for written examination. Corporation reserves the right to restrict the number of eligible candidates based on the merit position.
Written Examination: The written examination shall be held at Navi Mumbai and /or at Regional Centres of KRCL i.e, Ratnagiri, Madgaon, Karwar, and Udupi. The details of examination center shall be intimated to the candidates at the time of call letter.
The written examination will be of two tier – Objective and Subjective types.
- Objective Multiple Choice Questions
- of Questions: 150
The objective one will be of 150 marks of 2 hours duration. The distribution is 90 marks-Technical ability & General Science + 60 marks (General Intelligence, Reasoning, General Awareness, Arithmetic).
Negative marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Objective Paper only.
The Descriptive type will be of 50 marks – ( 35 marks-Professional, 15 marks – Proficiency in English Language ( Precis writing and comprehension)- 1.30-hour duration.
The total marks obtained out of these 200 marks will be converted to 100 as the full mark. The minimum qualifying mark will be 60% for all category. No round Off will be carried out. Out of the qualified candidates (those who scored 60% or more ), two separate panels will be formed, one for Land losers and the second one for other than land losers. The second panel will be considered after exhausting the number of qualified candidates from Land losers. This will be followed by scrutiny of documents as per merit order.
Note: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their candidature at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Syllabus for Recruitment of JE-II (S & T )
- Basic Electricity – Basic Elements – Resistance, Capacitors, Chokes, Transformers, Current and Voltage relation for AC/DC system, Ohms law, series & parallel circuits, measuring instruments.
- Power Plant – Secondary cells, capacity and uses, charging of secondary cells, Battery Chargers, invertors, stabilizers, UPS, earth, Principles of integrated power supply etc.
- Basic electronics – diode and transistors – their characteristics, different types of rectifiers and their use, analog & digital circuits.
- Various Modulation techniques like AM, FM, PM, PCM, De-modulation techniques, principles of multiplexing, signal to noise ratio, propagation of electro magnetic waves, VHF, UHF, and HF. The propagation characteristics, ionospheric, the line of sight propagations.
- Power supply system, rectifiers, regulators, stabilizers solid state circuits for power supply system, thyristors, and their characteristics, DC/AC motors and their characteristics.
- Elementary mathematics including algebra, geometry, calculus to the level of 12th
- Basic physics principles of motion, relative velocity, applications to practical problems, magnetism, electricity, simple problems and syllabus generally covered up to 12th
- General subjects pertaining to general awareness, IQ and matters pertaining to day-to-day life, General Knowledge. English- 10Th Standard.